The Joint monitoring of Youth Livelihood projects in Wakiso District has commenced.
The Joint monitoring of Youth Livelihood projects has commenced.The teams monitored Wakiso Town council, Kakiri Town council, Kakiri sub county, Kyengera Town council and Wakiso subcounty.
The exercise is aimed at improving functionality of projects and enforcing recoveries.
The teams include technical officers from the community based services, Administration and political leaders.
- In Wakiso Town council, the team led by the representative of the RDC and Senior community Development Officer visited Koona catering youth group, and out of the 5m disbursed the group had paid 3m.
- KY Fashions received 11m in 2019 but had recovered only 870,000.
- Kikokilo-Kisimbiri Agro youth received 9m but had recovered 380,000=
- Nsimbi Welders youth association was disbursed 10m however 6.5m had been recovered.
- Kyoga youths events management received 11.5m but only 760,000 had been recovered.
All groups with pending balances are to sign a repayment plan to clear the pending balances by June 2023.