Mbabazi Justine is the appointed Resident District Commissioner (RDC) of Wakiso District who represents the president and the government in the district. Her duties and responsibilities are as described.
Roles And Responsibilities
a). The resident district commissioner shall:
- Coordinate the administration of Government services in the district;
- Advise the district chairperson on matters of a national nature that may affect the district or its plans or programmes, and particularly the relations between the district and the Government;
- Monitor and inspect the activities of local governments and where necessary advise the chairperson;
- Carry out such other functions as may be assigned by the president or prescribed by parliament.
b). The resident district commissioner may:
- Sensitize the populace on governmental policies and programmes, and in so doing shall liaise with the district chairperson;
- Advise the chairperson to instruct the Chief Internal Auditor to carry out a special audit and submit a report to the council;
- Draw the attention of the Auditor general to the need for special investigation audits of the local government council;
- Draw the attention of the Inspector General of Government to a need to investigate any cases of mismanagement or abuse of office;
- Draw the attention of any relevant line ministry to the divergence from or noncompliance with Government policy by any council with in his or her area of jurisdiction;
- In consultation with the speaker or chairperson of a council as the case may be, address the council from time to time on any matter of national importance.
c). The expenses of the office of the resident district commissioner, including salaries, allowances and pensions, shall be charged on the consolidated fund.