You are here
The department of Physical Planning is mandated to carry out spatial/ land use planning through the preparation of local physical development plans of different areas within Wakiso District,
To ensure proper development control that is harmonious with the environment through approval of building plans and other development applications.
The department has also to ensure the proper urban management of the urban centers and also to guide the urbanization trends within the District.
To promote proper and planned land management through provision of physical planning consents and approval of land subdivision plans.
To promote public private partnership in physical planning guiding the private land owners through the planning process. Refer to the planning projects under public private Partnership arrangement.
The department also has duty of implementing the Physical Planning standards and the physical planning Act 2010.
To ensure well planned and legally constituted development on land that is harmonious with the environment to promote sustainable development within Wakiso District.
- Building control (approval of building plans)
- Spatial planning of selected areas.
- Provision of Occupation permits
- Approval and recommendation of land subdivisions and land transaction applications.
- Hoarding Permits/ Scaffolding.
- Demolition permits
- Permission for Road opening / Naming permits
- Permits for excavation
- Approval for installation of Billboards
- Solid waste management services
- Approval for Real Estate Master Plans
- Commencement letters
- Permission for temporary structures/ Kiosks
- Guidelines for kiosks and temporary structures
Physical Plan 2018 - 2040 (For Download)
Copyright © 2018, Al rights reserved. Wakiso District Local Government - P.O.Box 7218, Kampala, Uganda - Located 16 Kilometers along Hoima Road.
Support by NITA-U