You are here
To implement the National Environment Management policy and the National Wetland Management Policy.
Wakiso District’s natural resources provide sustainable benefits to the communities and mankind in general, and contribute to environmental protection.
Wakiso District Natural resources conserved and managed sustainably for the benefit of local, national and international community.
- To enhance and improve natural resources knowledge and awareness at District and grassroots levels for effective management and use by the year 2020.
- To strengthen institutional coordination and linkage at all levels for harmonized natural resources management by the year 2020.
- To strengthen integration of environment issues into planning and budgeting process by the year 2020.
- To strengthen monitoring and evaluation of development activities to ensure compliance with environment legislations by 2020.
- Restoration of fragile ecosystems
- Fragile ecosystem boundary demarcation and marking
- Dissemination of cleaner production techniques
- Offer technical advice on appropriate environment management at all levels
- Offer environment education services
- Conduct monitoring and appraisal of development activities.
Natural Resources Office
To coordinate and effectively administer the sectors under natural resources (Forestry, Wetlands, Environment, Land management and infrastructure planning /physical Planning)
To sustainably advise and guide the management and utilization of the natural resource base in an efficient and transparent manner with systems that promote adherence to the relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure data collection and good records management in all the sectors managing the natural resource base
- Mainstream the implementation of regulations and guidelines for the management of natural resources in development.
- Involvement of NGOs and CBOs for in depth outreach and sensitization of masses for better livelihoods and sustainable natural resource management
To achieve sustainable and equitable socio-economic development through optimal land management and utilization.
To raise public awareness and promote enjoyment of land rights
- Facilitate the registration of unregistered land
- Cause surveys
- Cause boundary opening
- Adjudication of land related disputes
- Register caveats, mortgages and other related interests in land
- Provide searches on registered land
Copyright © 2018, Al rights reserved. Wakiso District Local Government - P.O.Box 7218, Kampala, Uganda - Located 16 Kilometers along Hoima Road.
Support by NITA-U