You are here
Administration & HR
The directorate coordinates the overall functionality of 11 directorates at the District level, 23 lower local governments located in the district.
To develop, manage and administer human resource, district policies and systems, for efficient and effective service delivery.
To serve the district through a coordinated delivery of services which focus on national and local priorities to promote sustainable and social economic development.
- To effect administrative checks and supervision at least once a year.
- To ensure coordination of departmental activities
- To offer staff necessary welfare and motivation.
- To ensure a safe, clean and conducive work environment
- To network with national and international bodies and ministries.
- Recruit staff with requisite knowledge experience and skills
- Train and equip staff with relevant knowledge and skills
- Ensure management of district records
- Disseminate district information locally and internationally
- Ensure award of contracts following the laid down procedures
To effect administrative checks and supervision;
- Monitoring implementation of LLG and departmental projects.
- Assessment of fulfillment of minimum conditions and performance measures required by the ministry
- Monitoring of lower local governments.
- Attending to lower local governments’ complaints and conflicts.
To ensure coordination of departmental activities;
- Hold technical planning committee meetings
- Attend sectoral committee resolutions
- Guide departmental heads of government
- Facilitate departmental activities.
Offer staff necessary welfare and motivation;
- Ensure salary payments by 28th day of the month
- Offer office imprest
- Providing mileage and kilometrage
- Support the human resource team to effectively manage the payroll
- Payment of pension and gratuity to beneficiaries.
To ensure a safe clear and conducive work environment;
- Payment of electricity bills
- Payment of water bills
- Payment for sanitary equipment and facilities
- Payment for slashing compound and trimming hedges
- Payment of wages for office cleaners
- Repair and maintainace of broken down facilities
Network with national and international bodies and ministries;
- Providing timely reporting to ministries
- Receive national and international delegations
- Celebrate national and district functions
- Payment of co-funding for district programmes
- Payment of membership fees to affiliate associations
Recruit staff with requisite knowledge skills and experience; Carry out advertisements, shortlisting, interviews, appointment, and deployment; Train and equip staff with relevant knowledge and skills;
- Identify training needs; evaluate training programmes depending on our staff needs.
- Provide technical support to lower local governments and other local governments
- Carry out cost effective training abroad.
Ensure management of district records;
- Facilitate the prompt delivery of mail
- Appraise the records staff annually
- Recruit qualified
Disseminate district information locally and internationally;
- Manage the district website
- Coordinate the district radio program
- Facilitate the district information officer to gather and disseminate information regarding the district
- Provide and disseminate information with the provisions of the access to information Act 2005.
Ensure award of contracts following the laid down procedure;
Follow guidelines as laid down in the PPDA Act. Obligations of Our Clients:
- Attend to scheduled appointments punctually
- Respond to our request for accurate and timely information
- Contribute to solutions to address our challenges.
- Not to offer gifts, favors or inducements to our staff
- Abide by legal requirements
- Suppliers to provide appropriate, timely goods and services
- Treat our staff with courtesy.
Copyright © 2018, Al rights reserved. Wakiso District Local Government - P.O.Box 7218, Kampala, Uganda - Located 16 Kilometers along Hoima Road.
Support by NITA-U